How do I access the Owner Portal?
Can I see a sample of your Management Agreement, Leases, and other documents?
Potential management clients can review a sample of our documents, including:
- Owner Documents (about us, contracts, new property checklist)
- Tenant Documents (leases, change of management notices, background checks)
- Housing Laws (rent control, tenant handbooks)
All files are accessible on our shared drive here: skylinepmg.com/0/clientfiles
Is my property rent controlled?
Nearly all rentals in California except for single family homes fall under California restrictions, while San Francisco has additional restrictions based on the year the property was built:
- San Francisco Guidance: sftu.org/rent-control
- California Guidance: sfrb.org/article/summary-ab-1482-california-tenant-protection-act-2019
How are SF annual increases calculated?
San Francisco increases are tied to the CPI. Landlords are also allowed to recover certain expenses not directly related to the market rent using ‘pass-throughs’:
- Current Year Increase (updates March 1st): sfrb.org/topic-no-051-years-annual-allowable-increase
- Property Tax Bond – (updates November 1st): sfrb.org/general-obligation-bond-passthrough-worksheets-1998-present
- Security Deposit Interest (updates March 1st): sfrb.org/topic-no-101-
- Rent Board Fee (updates July 18): sfrb.org/topic-no-013-rent-board-fee
- Water Bond (updates monthly): sfrb.org/fact-sheet-10-water-revenue-bond-passthroughs
- Petitions and Passthroughs (updates as needed): sfrb.org/fact-sheet-5-landlord-petitions-and-passthroughs
We manage this process for all managed units while serving tenants with our annual increases. Please find a sample of our paperwork here: skylinepmg.com/0/annualincrease
Can you provide a Tenant Verification for one of our Applicants?
Due to the liability of and housing protections around tenant information, we must follow this process when verifying past tenants:
- Please email an authorization signed by the tenant, or send an email and CC the tenant so they can confirm approval.
- Note that we will only confirm information provided by the tenant not offer our own opinion.
- Dates of residency.
- Starting and ending rent amounts.
- If proper notice was provided prior to move-out.
- Any late charge, NSF, or damage fees.
- Details related to evictions or unlawful detainers will only be confirmed.
- The request can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org