How do I access the Tenant Portal?
One of our roommates wants to move-out, but we want to stay.
All roommates are responsible for the lease terms until there is an official agreement by all parties. Generally, the process is as follows:
- We can only inspect a unit and return Security Deposit funds when ALL tenants are moving out. The remaining tenants should reimburse the outgoing tenant(s) for the Security Deposit less any anticipated damage charges.
- The funds already held on file will always be held for the legal residents of the unit.
- All roommates need to agree on the terms of departure, including move-out date, which items will stay and go from the unit, if any Security Deposit will be returned, how the final rent payment will be made.
- SkylinePMG will draft a Change of Occupancy agreement with these terms, and will have all parties sign it, officially changing the liability of the lease.
- There will be a $250 administrative fee charged to the unit to prepare the lease change. If you add a new tenant within three months we will not assess another fee at that time.
To begin the process, email us at email@example.com detailing the items mentioned above. Ensure to CC all roommates.
We'd like to add another roommate.
Assuming you are still in line with the occupancy requirements of your unit, its easy to add a new roommate:
- Once you find a good match, have them complete an application at: skylinepmg.com/0/apply. It will show our office address, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can match it with your unit. They will need to pay the application fee, generally around $50.
- We’ll review the application and ensure they meet the same requirements as anyone that applies for our units.
- Once everything looks good all tenants will receive a Change of Occupancy agreement and a copy of the original lease, essentially adding the new tenant to the lease.
- There will be a $250 administrative fee charged to the unit to prepare the lease change. If you paid this fee for an outgoing tenant less than three months prior we will not assess the fee again.
- The amount each tenant pays is determined by the tenants based on room size, parking, etc. In rent controlled areas there are very strict rules about how to split the amounts.
- Please note that we do not allow sub-leasing as all tenants will have equal rights and responsibilities under the lease. Some “Master Tenant” rules will apply in rent controlled areas.
To begin the process, email us once you know an application will be completed at email@example.com and ensure to CC all roommates.
How can I find the most recent Tenant Handbook and Community Guidelines?
Please open the folder below to find the recent PDF version of your handbook. You can also request a print version by sending us an email, calling, or putting a note with your rent check.
What happens if we need to break our lease?
We understand unforeseen circumstance may require you to move off property earlier than expected. Here’s the process to ensure everything goes smoothly:
- Tenants are still obligated to pay all rent payments due in the lease until the next steps are completed.
- A replacement Tenant can be found to either take over the remainder of the lease, or a start a new new 1 year lease (at the discretion of Management). Once you find a Tenant, they must apply here: skylinepmg.com/0/apply
- For an additional fee (generally $1,500) we can offer our Leasing Service to help expedite the search by listing the unit internet wide, pre-screen the prospects, and complete the showings. (This is the same fee we charge Owners.)
- Regardless of who finds the Tenant, we do charge a fee (usually $250) to complete the new paperwork, lease, unit inspections, and finalize the change.
- Lastly, California Law protects you from being double charged as soon as the new Tenant moves in, however if the unit is rented at a lower amount than on your lease you may be liable to cover the difference until the lease is fulfilled.