You may also like to review:
COVID-19 and Showing Vacant Units
What does 'Shelter in Place' mean?
For everyone’s protection, please follow the guidelines in the CDC factsheet “CDC Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and you”. In particular, “Shelter in Place” which means to stay home except to obtain or perform vital services. If you do need to go out as much as is reasonably possible maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person.
- Be sure to wash your hands often and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- We ask that you consider using our secure online portal instead of mailing in your rent checks.
- If you have a special situation due to shelter-in-place protocol that you feel we can assist with, please let us know.
Thank you for your understanding in this unique time. As always, please feel free to email or call with any questions or concerns and stay healthy.
What if I have a financial hardship related to COVID-19?
We recognize that there will be a large financial impact from reduced hours, medical expenses, or other unforeseen items. We’re able to work with most tenants on a payment plan to get everyone through the next few months.
Before reaching out, please consider:
- How much of this month’s rent are you able to put towards the total?
- Can you settle the balance if split evenly over the next few months?
- Are you able to provide backup showing your hardship is related to COVID-19?
Are there funds available to help with expenses?
Changes to Unemployment Benefits have made it easier for affected tenants to apply for benefits, and small business owners to apply for grants. San Mateo also has a great program. Please let us know if we can help with your application.
Are there any Executive Orders affecting us?
Please review the following protections from the Governor and Mayor and then contact us with your situation: